Monday, December 15, 2008

reason for the season

Today's Picture of the Day is a great stocking stuffer idea from the Dollar Tree! It's also something that I probably shouldn't find as funny as I do. I find it funny in the same way I found Santa riding Noah's ark funny.

It's a cross made out of chocolate, flanked by praying hands made out of chocolate.


As with the Santa on Noah's ark item, I'm not quite sure who the target audience is. It's gotta be people who are religious enough that they won't be offended to receive chocolate crosses and praying hands, but not so religious that they will be offended at the idea of consuming these items of faith. Maybe they're for a person with religious feelings who also likes to eat their feelings.

It's the little details on these that tickle me as well. Like, both the praying hands are made out of double crisp chocolate; I like to think that the crisps represent sins. Or blood clots. And I like how the Window of Faith shines on a milk chocolate FLAVORED cross. Balmer couldn't even spring for full milk chocolate for God. Oh well. These are my recommendations for children's stocking stuffers this year. You can look forward to watching their little eyes light up with a mix of delight, confusion and horror, the proper reaction to any good religious item.

No comments: