Monday, December 29, 2008

another Tiki post

Well, here we are in the blog home stretch. 3 days, 15 entries. As I look back over my Christmas break, I do wish I had done a little bit more in terms of writing blogs or at least finish the book I am determined to finish before the New Year. Or maybe I should have done some work so that I could do those things because my work was all done. Not that I would do that or anything. Work time is for working, I would like to say, in the event that my boss ever finds this blog.

So what did I do on Christmas break instead? Well, there was a fair amount of eating. I worked on the puzzle, as discussed earlier. Christmas stuff that included opening presents and running errands and drinking. Played games. But one thing I did almost every day is play with Tiki, the cat.

I have written about Tiki in another Picture of the Day post, but here is an update. Previously, Tiki had let me pet her a bit, but that has stopped. Now, she either hates me or sees me as a playmate; I prefer to think it's the latter. We kind of wrestle, as much as small cats and big people can wrestle. It involves me trying to pin her down by her limbs or scratch her belly, and she tries to scratch me or bite me. It's not the fairest trade-off but it's fun. I guess Tiki thinks so too, because on Sunday morning, she came to where I was sitting, licked my big toe, and then got into wrestling position.

I also spent a good deal of time outside trying to find Tiki and get her back inside. Tiki just wants to explore outside, but that makes me nervous because we've lost cats to packs of wild dogs before, and on Christmas eve, a big dog killed seven of the neighbors' chickens. So I tried to protect Tiki, but Tiki has learned that there are certain places I can't get her, like under cars and in between bushes. So I had to chase her a lot.

Man, if I had written blogs instead of playing with Tiki, the blog would be done for the year by now. But look at today's Picture of the Day, of Tiki sitting under the Christmas tree like a little present, and perhaps you will see why she was just too hard to resist.


I don't know that we still need to put the Power Ranger on the tree, but we do:

And here is the whole tree:



No comments: