Wednesday, December 31, 2008

seasonal centerpieces, part two

A few weeks ago, I wrote on the subject of seasonal centerpieces. My mom is a real genius at creating seasonal centerpieces, and I wish I had taken more photographs of the seasonal centerpieces and decorations we had at Christmas. Even the piano had something beautiful on it.

Well, as I wrote in that last entry, I had been sorta wondering about what I was supposed to do after Christmas. Surely it was too early to get my spring decorations out, and too tacky to leave my Christmas centerpiece up, no matter how much I might love it.

Of course, though, Mom has thought of everything, and I got my new centerpiece for Christmas, and it is today's Picture of the Day:

Mom's idea for the new centerpiece was the giant cocktail glass with glassy stones inside. But she also gave me this shoe full of raspberry mixer to be added to cocktails, and I figured I would throw it into the centerpiece mix. It's kind of a "Sex and the City" centerpiece when you add the shoe, but I think it conjures New Year's Eve and parties very well, and I hope to take that party spirit with me all the way into 2009. Until I drink the raspberry mixer, at which point I'll just go back to Mom's original design.

I'd just like to say, there's something about the lighting around that table that doesn't capture color right. I thought my Christmas tree looked much duller in pictures than it was in real life, and so too does that shoe. It's very bright. Oh well.

In case no one figured this out, Picture of the Day was a way to rack up 31 entries in this last blockbuster month of blogging. It probably won't be a daily feature in 2009, but I will post pictures more often. Picture of the Week maybe. Though I should have the goal of posting daily in 2009, the idea of trying to take 365 interesting pictures thoroughly exhausts me. And we can't have that!

No comments: