Saturday, December 20, 2008

naughty or nice

Guess what, everyone? I decided to put up a Christmas tree! It's today's Picture of the Day:


Ok, I am just joshing. That's the Christmas tree at the mall. It goes all the way to the second floor of the mall, because it sits atop all these presents. Santa Claus sits at the bottom, kind of amid all the big presents. The thing I noticed about Santa's set-up this year is that it's very pink and purple. I think it's extremely beautiful, but a tad girly. Perhaps I'm very traditional and prefer for Santa to sit amidst red and green shades.

I snapped a few pictures of Santa in action, which was hard, because he had a long line of children to entertain. I knew I had to get Santa minus kids, because no one wants to dial up a blog from someone they don't know but find a picture of their child. That's the kind of thing that could get me arrested. So these were hard-won shots, of Santa without a kid on his lap.




I watched Santa interact with the children for awhile, and I feel like you get a lot of insight into family dynamics and certain kids, but I don't feel comfortable writing about it. It seems to personal. Also, today, I saw the Chick-fil-a cow dressed up as Santa Claus. The weirdest place I have seen Santa Claus this year was at the pet store. He didn't seem to be there to take pictures with pets or anything. He was just hanging around as a greeter. Or waiting for the magic reindeer to get groomed, maybe.

No comments: