Tuesday, December 16, 2008

now that's what I call Christmas decorating!

Recently I wrote about the Christmas decorating I did this year. I made it a simple affair, with a jingly tree wired Christmas decorations, which was more than enough to get me into the holiday spirit. But lo, I have added another decoration to my apartment, and it is awesome. For a mere $2.24 (all holiday decorations are on sale now, if you need any), I have brought life-size wise men into my bedroom, and they are today's Picture of the Day:

Here are the three wise men presenting Barnabas with their gifts of frankincense, gold and myrrh. While I put Barnabas there because the wise men all appeared to be looking at someone down there (and I didn't have any Baby Jesus's hanging around), I hope that he will also be useful in terms of scale. These guys are well over five feet tall.

I put the wise men up in my bedroom, because there's a corner that as of yet has no furniture or wall hanging or the like; my mother, also known as my interior decorator, has thrown out a few ideas for what we could do to decorate that corner. But I'm kind of glad we haven't gotten around to it yet, otherwise there would be no room at the inn for these wise men. Best of all, they can stay around until Epiphany! But probably even longer because I like having them around. Probably until Mom and I decide what to do with that corner.

Now, this is the corner that faces my bed, and I will say it's a little creepy to wake up and see three guys in the corner. And I have woken up in the middle of the night and wondered what the shadow on the wall was. So it may not be the best Christmas decoration for my sanity. But it's still a great addition to my Christmas decorations, nay, my apartment decorations. I like having three men bearing presents around.

No comments: