Saturday, December 6, 2008

Well, I have to find a new job now.

Argh. Posting a photo of the magic phone did not work as a warning the way I'd hoped. What I wanted was that phone to remind me that I should not get too drunk, so that Santa and my elementary school teachers and the Baby Jesus would not be disappointed in me. Also so I would not embarrass myself in front of my coworkers. Unfortunately posting that picture did not work AT ALL. And now I can't go back to work on Monday because too many people know what I look like when I throw up. Woe is me.

On the plus side, the chances are now much smaller that I will embarrass myself at the company Christmas party, because surely it will be another four months before I'm ready to drink alcohol again. That is a positive development, because even though all the ladies magazines say not to get too drunk at the company holiday party, and even though I always that was over-obvious advice, I still managed to do that at two office holiday parties. But that is a story for another blog.

Today's Picture of the Day is of a food item that I will never eat again. Trader Joe's Spring Onion Rice Noodle Soup Bowl. I ate this last night for dinner, and I enjoyed it, even though it had too much sodium. But I did not enjoy it when it came back up. Without getting too graphic, let's just say that at one point I thought, Jesus Christ, why did I eat something with so many tiny little noodles? And that's kind of impressive, because it's not like I was having that many coherent thoughts.
Now I will try to clean my apartment. I will scrub and scrub, yet I will be unable to remove the shame.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

as long as you can drink by the wedding...