Tuesday, December 30, 2008

the bear's hanukkah

If you're a faithful reader of this blog, then you're probably familiar with my bear Barnabas. What may be surprising to you is that Barnabas is Jewish. That's right, I have been engaged in an inter-faith relationship. Since last night was the last night of Hanukkah, I figured today's Picture of the Day should be Barnabas with his holiday loot:
I will run down what Barnabas received:
--A copy of Paste magazine with Zooey Deschanel on the cover, because Barnabas has the biggest crush on her.
--A can of black beans, which is one of his favorite foods.
--A mini-bottle of Jose Cuervo, whom Barnabas likes to refer to as his "good amigo Jose" when he's had a few
--Frizz-ease (maintaining bear hair can be difficult)
--Drano (see above regarding bear hair)
--Socks with turtles on them
--The Ped Egg (Barnabas has had some feet issues lately)
--Q-tips
--A mini-stapler (he told me he has been pushing through lots of paperwork while I'm gone)

Also, he got some postage stamps but I forgot to put them in the picture.

And here is Barnabas wearing his socks, enjoying a drink, and reading his magazine:

As I briefly mentioned earlier, on Christmas day Barnabas got a new brother, Chester, which was a present from my brother William. I think I am starting to become the Angelina Jolie of bears. Anyways, I will be posting more about Chester as I learn about him. I don't think he is Jewish since he came on Christmas but sometimes life is funny that way.

No comments: