Friday, December 26, 2008

unto us a president is given

Alright, so the Christmas Picture of the Day is a bit late. But certain circumstances, such as alcohol consumption, a lack of internet at my house and general holiday merriment prevented me from posting a blog yesterday. It is just too hard to blog on Christmas, even if you are trying to reach 200 entries by the end of the calendar year.

Anyways, I had a very nice Christmas. I got a lot more than a painted wagon and an apple, I can tell you that! If I were to put a theme on my Christmas gifts, that theme would be Barack Obama. Apparently I have mentioned quite a few times that I am extremely fond of Barack Obama, and so many people in my family chose to use that as a guiding principle in gift-giving. I got an Obama sticker in my stocking. I got a framed Obama poster. My brother and my sister-in-law gave me the children’s books telling of the life story of our president-elect, each of which have the most darling and beautiful illustrations. And if real pictures are more your thing, I got the Time Magazine and the Life Magazine commemorative Barack Obama editions. I even got an Obama t-shirt from the cat.

Even though I got many wonderful things in addition to my Barack Obama gifts, those things are what I am choosing to highlight as today’s Picture of the Day:


"Who is Barack Obama? Contrary to the rumors you may have heard, I was not born in a manger. I was actually born on Krypton and sent here by my father, Jor-El, to save the planet Earth."--Barack Obama

No comments: