Friday, December 19, 2008

I know what I want for Christmas!!

Okay, with less than a week of shopping time left, I've come up with a gift that I would absolutely love and adore forever: The White House. The one in Atlanta. It's for sale and you can read all about it here: http://www.ajc.com/homefinder/content/homefinder/stories/2008/12/18/white_house_sale.html?cxntlid=sldr_hm

Now, in the event that link ever becomes broken, let me summarize the article for you. There's this replica of the White House in Atlanta. Sometimes I would drive by it in college when I was coming home from a mall, and it's the kind of thing that can very nearly cause accidents because it's so huge and breathtaking and you're sorta like, huh, what is that gigantic house doing there? And now that house is for sale! For $9.88 million! If all my readers chip in one million, then I think we will pretty much have it!

Just imagine how bee-you-tiful it would look on Christmas morning, with a big bow on it! You don't even have to put a bow on it if you don't want to, but maybe just a banner that says "Welcome Home Molly"????

The article points out that I'm not even too greedy to ask for this house because it's only the 12th most expensive listing in metro Atlanta. I mean, yeah. It's not like I'm asking for a house that's in the top 10 most expensive house category. The sticky part, however, is that the county has only valued the White House at $2.8 million. But to that I say:
--Cost of House: $9.8 million
--Cost of catering for one night: several thousand dollars
--Throwing a dinner party in a replica of the White House: priceless.

Look, for $9.8 million you could put me in a house that has 16,500 square feet, which will be plenty of space for all of my books. And if you contribute to the fund, then I'll name several hundred of the square feet after you. I will also let you stay in one of the six bedrooms (not mine), and you can have your choice of the seven bathrooms, 3 half-baths that I'm not using (to store books). Also, there's a swimming pool, and as long as you seem fairly hygienic, then I'll let you go swimming as well. It is near many restaurants and shopping places and convenient to the interstate. Maybe when you visit we can go to Target and the all-you-can-eat country style buffet. Dare to dream.

Now, we better act fast because it seems there are some debt disputes and foreclosure problems on this fabulous property. But don't worry about that leaving any bad luck behind, because the owner says that whoever buys this house "is going to be blessed." And that would be you, if you bought it for me! Just draw up records of your financial situation, because you have to prove you have enough money to buy before you even get to look at the house. Send them to me, and I'll head over and have a looksie. Yes we can….put Molly in a replica of the White House.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I thought you wanted a popcorn popper? ;-)