Thursday, December 11, 2008

seasonal centerpieces

Holy schnikes, everyone! Two weeks from today it will be Christmas! The weeks leading up to Christmas can be crazy for many people, what with the shopping and the decorating and the visits to Santa and whatnot. I myself am taking a rather zen approach to the holidays, as the majority of my shopping for family Christmas presents has already been accomplished online and I'm too big to worry about going to see Santa. And whereas in other years I went to the effort of assembling a fake Christmas tree, this year my holiday decorations are much more low maintenance. The proof will be the Picture(s) of the Day.

This was my fall centerpiece. You know it's for fall because of all the gourds and all the autumnal colors.



To decorate for the holidays, I picked all those pieces and put up this instead:



That's my Christmas tree this year and I couldn't be more thrilled about it. For one, it was very easy, since it came fully assembled. And for two, it's quite festive and jolly, which I don't think this photograph picks up very well. The colors are brighter and shinier than that photograph may let on. And for three, cleaning up after the holidays (everyone's least favorite part) will be very easy for me. I just have to find out what my next seasonal centerpiece is. I guess my mom will tell me when I go home for Christmas. It can't be time for my spring centerpiece yet, so what shall represent the passage of time between January and April? The suspense is killing me!

Oh, I forgot one other thing I had to do to decorate for the holidays. I had to switch out the fall-colored candles with Christmas-colored candles. Cause that's how I roll now, with seasonally appropriate candles.

No comments: