Monday, December 29, 2008

wanted poster

As I mentioned ever so briefly, a dog killed some of the neighbors' chickens on Christmas eve. I know this because when my dad and I were driving to get the beef tenderloin that was to be served for Christmas dinner, we saw that dog with a chicken in its mouth. It was crazy. I tried to get my camera out, because that scene would have made a stupendous Picture of the Day as well as a great piece of evidence for our neighbor. But the dog ran away, chicken and all, before I could get the shot. The dog got seven chickens total and I think went back for seconds on another day. Unfortunately, chickens are dumb and some of them were roosting outside, making them easy pickins for the dog. I worry most of all about the three little neighbor girls, who have created quite a little business out of selling the free-range eggs that their chickens produce. Their prices are lower than store prices, and those free-range eggs, when cooked, make for really, really yellow food products.

But here is an artist's rendition of the scene of the crime. It was a grey day, which is why there's so much grey. Think of this as a pseudo-Picture of the Day.

No comments: