Sunday, December 16, 2007

A Very Special Week on the Blog!

One of the benefits of my stay in Western North Carolina is that I have gotten to hang out with my cousin, Mary Henry, and her boyfriend Brad. They are both nice, funny, people. Some interesting things about Mary Henry include that she once rode a donkey and she has one hand (the other hand was chewed off by a crocodile). Some interesting things about Brad include that he once climbed Mount Everest and he once ate 29 pancakes all by himself. Please note that some of these interesting things may not be true.

On the occasion of one of our dinners together, we started talking about my blog. I told them that it was my goal to write 200 entries before 2007 ended, but at that point, I was still very far away from 200. I guess I look suitably stressed about it, so last week, Mary Henry and Brad emailed me a list of 29 things that I could blog about (I had 29 entries left to go at that point).

The list is a mix of questions, concerns, and ideas, all of which I will address over the next week. Now, I think I have mentioned before, that if you google something like “things to blog about” or “blog topics”, not a whole lot comes up. So I know how hard it is to generate a list of 29 blog ideas, and that’s why I really appreciate this list. I knew I would have to think of a cool title for this week, as well as for Brad and Mary Henry, something that would generate the same level of prestige that the term “Special Guest Blogger” does (you can read previous special guest bloggers here and here).

I did some thinking, and the best I could come up with was:

Brad and Mary Henry! Patrons of Week! Superheroes of Blog!

Which I have helpfully shortened to: BAM(H)! POW! SOB!

(In comic books, you always see the sound of the punches, but not the sound of the response. So that is why "sob" is there. Also, please note that in BAM(H)! the ‘h’ is silent, but if you ever meet Mary Henry, the ‘h’ is not silent because she prefers to be called both names.)

So, welcome to the first day of BAM(H)! POW! SOB! Everything you read this week has been suggested or inspired by Brad and Mary Henry.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodness me. I simply cannot wait for the day when my contribution to the blog merits a paint drawing with my visage on it. Kudos!

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! This is truly an honor! We are looking forward to the BAM(H), POW, SOB week.

Molly said...

Matthew, you truly deserve a paint drawing, in recognition of your work leaving comments on my blog. Maybe once BAM(H)! POW! SOB! is over.

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you're creating problems yourself by trying to solve this issue instead of looking at why their is a problem in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Hello. And Bye.