Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Why no blogs? # 1

Perhaps you are wondering why there have been no blogs since Nov. 4. Well, I can tell you, I was very very busy. I was off in the Himalayas climbing Mount Everest. It's only like, the highest mountain on Earth, so it took awhile.

Hey, you might be saying, I didn't know Molly could climb mountains. Oh, but I can. I took the southeast route and followed in the footsteps of Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay. The good news is, I didn't die. The bad news is, I couldn't blog and I got altitude sickness. My camera broke on the first day so I can't post any pictures, but I had a really nice Sherpa named Pembo and he did some sketches that he has promised to mail to me. Probably my favorite sketch was one Pembo did real quickly when I discovered a dead body from the previous winter.

I made some good friends up there…Pembo, my climbing partner Marty, and our yak, Dandelion. For awhile we thought we were out of food and would have to eat Dandelion, but it turns out the rations were just at the bottom of the bag. Altitude sickness can make you do weird things!

I thought about blogging from the top of the mountain but I was too tired. And it was cold and there was a monsoon. So that's why there have been no blogs for the past 14 days.

No comments: