Tuesday, August 7, 2007

When honor's at stake, this vow I will make

More Bryan Adams videos:

This Time
http://youtube.com/watch?v=EfCC8K5q6hw
Another video that shows off Bryan's mastery of walking and singing at the same time. Bryan shows a lot of emotion in this video. Basically this video is three minutes of imagery that seemingly goes nowhere. There are a lot of moments that seem like they're going to start off the story of this video, including the long sequence of checking into a hotel, the motorcycle riding (I particularly like when he rides on the train tracks!), the scene where Bryan picks up his band to sing along with them so that they look like something out of West Side Story. He sings with a lot of emotion to an unseen woman and kicks a radio (this image is repeated later in case you missed how cool it was the first time). But the song's about to end, and there's been no resolution of all these things...that's not like Bryan! Particularly for such a hopeful song, that promises to get her "this time." Well, I don't want to spoil the ending for you, but basically, there was no reason for me to be nervous.

All for Love (with Sting and Rod Stewart)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h8GWZq1U-LY
This video is different than I remember, but I'm sure there are two versions...I remember a version with clips from The Three Muskateers, and I used to watch closely for any glimpse of Chris O'Donnell, who was one of my first celebrity crushes. It stands to reason though, that these three needed their own version of the video, minus any Hollywood heartthrobs. It's a pretty straightforward video, with the guys singing on a stage, with a very brief glimpse of the guys sharing a meal (I wish we'd seen more of that!)

Mainly as I watched the video, I just tried to imagine what was going on behind the scenes and how the guys related to each other. At first it seems like Sting and Bryan don't really like Rod because he's tardy and seems out of it. As the video goes on, Bryan and Rod definitely get a lot more buddy-buddy: lots of hugs, hanging on to each other, etc. And Sting definitely leaves Bryan hanging on that high-five and just plays his solo instead. Overall they were probably all glad when the day was over. I do wish Bryan had worn something a little more stylish, such as his trademark leather jacket, instead of the pseudo-turtleneck. I mean, Sting's wearing a skirt and he looks more macho. I did some work on Google and couldn't find any behind-the-scenes gossip about this song or video shoot.

No comments: