Sunday, August 26, 2007

another view

Time for some more pictures (can you tell I have been taking things off the digital camera this weekend?)

One the best viewpoints in Seattle is from my office window. I have a truly amazing view of Elliott Bay, the ferry terminal, the port, the Alaskan Way Viaduct.

Looking straight out:


Looking over a little bit:


I watch boats a lot, from sailboats to ferry boats to container ships. I watch the flag waving. Birds come by to say hello. I count cars that get stopped in traffic. I look at the water and it makes me calm. If you are from my office and are reading this, all of this time looking out the window in no way affects my productivity....

One of the truly sad things about this view is that around 2 or 3 pm on a sunny day, the sun is directly in my eyes and I have to shut the shade a little bit. I hate to do it, because it's ridiculous to close out this view, but if I don't I go blind.

One of the advantages of this view is that it's beautiful, even in gray or gross weather:


I love getting to watch the water change, and really, if I took a picture every day of what it looks like out my window, it would always look different.

Sometimes it's sad to think that I will never have a view as gorgeous as I have now.

No comments: