Friday, August 3, 2007

Part of me is still in Utah

Today I remembered something that I wanted to blog about back in May or June...it relates to the vacation that I blogged about earlier. While we were driving along one of the less dangerous parts of the Cottonwood Road in Utah, my dad looked up at a mountain, and said it looked like a breast.

I asked my dad to please stop talking about breasts. We made our way to Bryce Canyon and went in to the park as the sun was setting. At the Grand Canyon, we had gotten very into those panaroma signs, the ones that tell you what exactly you're looking at out in the distance.

My mother was the one that found this on one of the info signs:



Molly's Nipple--Not a volcano, this cone is eroded sandstone--one of many distinctive shapes in rugged plateau country.


Awkwardly located next to "No Man's Mesa."


Anyways....perhaps you can see where this is going now. Molly's Nipple was, in fact, the mountain that my dad had been talking about earlier in the day. I don't know about you, but I just find it awkward when my dad is talking about my breasts.


Here is Molly's Nipple:



Not too shabby, right?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Funny funny. What were the dangerous roads like? I remember once being on a family trip somewhere in California when we were on some narrow mountain road with no railing. I thought we were going to die. Why does Uncle Sam allow such perilous roads to go public??