Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Doogie Howser, M.D.

I wish my blog could be as good as this one:
http://doogiehowsermd.blogspot.com/

But it never will be. First, because Doogie was a genius. Also, because I have a problem being succinct and vague and profound all at the same time. Today I tried to write a Doogie-style entry. This was all I could come up with:

Today I ate two slices of pizza. The toppings were truth, humility, justice, and perseverance. You can never eat too much pizza.

That's all I could come up with. Does it help to know that I actually ate some pizza today?

When I was a kid, it was really baffling to me how Doogie would ever look back and remember what those entries meant. I mean, you look at them now and it's hard enough to tell what in the world the episode might even have been about. I wish the library had the Doogie Howser DVD's so I could watch them at the gym. Today at the gym I watched A Prairie Home Companion, and something sad happened, and I cried a little bit. But I was sweating a lot so it was hard to tell. Wait a tic, is there a Doogie entry in that anecdote?

Exercise made me cry. But then I thought of those who could not exercise and I cried for them. Then I almost fell off the machine. It just goes to show, crying gets you nowhere.

Well, that one's probably more Jack Handey-like.

No comments: