Sunday, May 18, 2008

Indiana Jones Hour 7: I want to fly on a blimp. They look spacious.

Okay after another brief sojourn on the deck, I am back and ready to fire through to the end. I had some waffles. While I was eating I tried to catch up on this movie. Somehow Indiana Jones found his father and they had gotten tied up to chairs and there was a fire and they were on a revolving panel and there were Nazis and then there was a motorcycle chase. Hmmm. Just typing that out made me kind of exhausted again.

After this day of watching all the Indiana Jones movies, I can’t say I’m really excited about the new movie anymore. Frankly I’m kind of sick of Indiana Jones and all his drama. Also I don’t really feel like I know Indiana Jones as a person. He has maddeningly little dialogue and most of that is dedicated to talking about artifacts. Women and small Asian children come in and out of his life with no explanation. He’s pretty mean to his father. The only thing he really has going for him is his hatred of Nazis.

Now those damn dirty Nazis are burning books. Now Indy is riding on a blimp.

Which do you think would have gone better? Blogging about three Indiana Jones movies or blogging about three Lifetime movies? Blogging about Indiana Jones or blogging about the entire first season of Beverly Hills 90210? Blogging about Indiana Jones or blogging about some sort of sporting event? At this point in, I really don’t even know. Should I have just spent the day reading my book? I haven’t decided the success of today yet.

There’s a SciFi Memorial Day Weekend Movie Marathon! I can guarantee you now that I will neither be blogging that nor watching it.

Now Indy and his dad are working out their issues. Would Indy have become an archaeologist if his dad hadn’t been so obsessed about archaeology? I don’t know. But that might be an interesting movie to watch. Let me think about how a scene would go.

Young Indy: Dad, wanna go play catch?
Sean Connery: Sure, let’s go! It’s not like I’m too busy with archaeology or anything! (they play catch)
Young Indy: I want to be a baseball player!
(flash forward 20 years)
Grown-up Indiana Jones: Well, it sure was gratifying to win the World Series. If only my dad were here to see it. But I can be at peace knowing that we didn’t have any unresolved issues at the time of his death. As a result, I can maintain healthy relationships with women, I don’t have to make small children drive cars through temples of doom, and my fedora hat is not all sweaty and dirty. Of course, the Nazis have made off with all the religious artifacts, but what could I have done about that? I’m just a humble baseball player who has never used a whip in my entire life.
[end scene]

No comments: