Saturday, January 6, 2007

Tonight I think I'm gonna go downtown

Today has already been a pretty big day for me, because for the first time in who knows how long, I was able to do a headstand in yoga class. For a full two seconds, before falling right over. But it didn't hurt. Falling is part of life. Those are the kinds of things I learn in yoga class.

I just counted all the unread books in my apartment, of which there are about 230. Almost 100 are in the kitchen cabinets alone! I counted because I have been having a little internal discussion with myself about how many books I should try to read this year. 50 is a nice, round, big number, but, if last year is any example, then there will be weeks when the only reading I get done will be on the bus. Plus I have all those magazines to read. Last year I read about 20 books, not counting the children's books I read on the side sometimes. So I think I'm going to say that I am shooting for 35 this year, but in my heart of hearts, I hope to get to 50. You will know by whether I start reading a lot of short books near the end of the year.

Speaking of books I read in 2006, the following were my favorite 3:
1. Woody Guthrie - A Life by Joe Klein
2. Eat Pray Love by Elizabeth Gilbert
3. The Time Traveler's Wife by Audrey Niffenegger

Anyways, plan to see reviews of the books I read, as I work my way to 35 (50).

No comments: