Sunday, January 11, 2009

Hour 3: dull as the other two

One time Steven Spielberg saw a movie and it changed his life blah blah blah. He talks about how he had mentors, and now he gets to be a mentor. Who are his mentees, I wonder. Shia LaBeouf? Drew Barrymore’s hair?

Now Wynonna Judd is endorsing Alli. Do you remember the made-for-tv movie “Love Can Build a Bridge”, based upon Naomi Judd’s autobiography of the same name? Yeah, I just remembered it too, and it’s going on the Netflix queue. Now I bet that would be an interesting live blog.

I just tried to make a list of five things I’d like to win an award for. First was blogging. Then I guess non-blog related writing, either work-related or otherwise. Then I was out of stuff. I should get good at other things. Hmm. This boring awards show is forcing me to face my own mediocrity.

Finally, something funny happens, when Sasha Baron Cohen gets up there. No one in the room laughs, though. Based on the background noise, it sounds like they don’t even stop talking for the show anymore. They just keep on meeting and greeting and making deals and celebrating, as the voiceover announcer reminds me every time we cut to commercial. The only way they could improve this award show at this point would be to televise the commercials. And put microphones on everyone. Secret microphones. AND they should fly Jennifer Aniston in for a last-minute surprise to Brangelina and she should present Angelina Jolie’s award and….the possibilities are too limitless from there.

Man, I liked Cameron Diaz’s dress, then she got on stage and was annoying. Now she’s dead to me. Kate Winslet wins twice! Hooray! This refuted the previous intelligence that Anne Hathaway would win because her name was already up on the Golden Globes web site. I like how Emma Thompson is there to help Kate Winslet on-stage. Then Kate Winslet forgot Angelina Jolie was even nominated! Mwa ha ha ha. I don’t want Angelina to get awards. I would prefer she focus on acquiring children.

Finally. Mad Men wins something. That’s the good thing. The bad thing is how long it might take them all to walk up to the stage.

I’m not even trying anymore. I guess I’ll go ahead and post this. I don’t think live blogging award shows is a very good idea anymore. Oh well.

No comments: