Sunday, January 11, 2009

Golden Globes Red Carpet Hour 1

Well, I feel my blog needs a 2009 kickstart, and I think that kickstart is presenting itself tonight in the form of the Golden Globes. Live-blogging awards shows is a great way to get a ton of entries, particularly if you break your blogs down by hour as I will do. And I have never live-blogged the Golden Globes before!! The only thing that could stand in my way tonight is falling asleep at 8:15, and with my cold, that is entirely possible. But I am going to do my very best. I am taking shots of orange juice.

So it’s 6 p.m. EST now, which means it’s E! time. 6 p.m. is when red carpet coverage starts, though I can’t promise we’ll see any celebrities til 7 at the earliest. Though E! is starting out strong with Ricky Gervais.

While the minor celebrities are being interviewed, I’ll go ahead and tell you that the Golden Globes are my absolute favorite out of all awards shows, because this award show has movies AND television. Plus they have booze, which means that things get kinda crazy, or at least they did one year, and the Golden Globes has been showing footage of that zany night ever since.

Tonight the Golden Globes are extra-special, because it wasn’t on last year due to the writer’s strike. There was just a press conference where they announced the winners, but I had just moved into my current apartment, like, that day, and I didn’t have the television or internet hooked up, so I couldn’t even watch it. So this year it should be bigger and better ever to make up for that!!!

OK enough sentimentality. E! is trying to bring me some breaking television news. All the TV stars want out of their contracts. The E! anchor promises to try to talk them out of it tonight. Good luck, random E! anchor I’ve never seen before!

Kevin Nealon is there! He’s kinda wandering around while the woman who plays Brad Pitt’s mother in “Curious Case of Benjamin Button” talks about growing up in inner-city and her childhood dreams and studying electrical engineering. She talked fast, so they couldn’t cut her off and get another celebrity in there. I applaud her for that. She was pretty spunky.

Some starlet talks about how getting sick over the holidays kept her from eating too much and gaining weight before she had to get into her Golden Globes dress! I hear ya, sister, but I’m going to take your comments out of context and pretend you were talking about bulimia.

Guiliana Rancic is saying that there might be movie star reunions on the red carpet along the lines of Susan Sarandon and Brad Pitt (Thelma and Louise) and Steven Spielberg and Drew Barrymore (E.T.) tonight, and that is apparently a reason to stay tuned. That has gotta be the dumbest reason for staying tuned that I have ever heard.

E! keeps wanting me to text them things while we wait for people to arrive. And they keep referring to people as “hotties.”

Ryan Seacrest is asking Rumer Willis if Bruce Willis ever won a Golden Globe. Blurgh. She doesn’t know.

Guys, E! has so many satellites and cameras on this red carpet that it is really starting to freak me out. Don’t they know we’re in a recession? The fashion guy just said he was “gagging” over some TV star’s outfit. In like, a good way, as far as I can tell. I think. Creepy.

Eva Longoria Parker has a cold too! Now she’s stuck there awkwardly, like a third wheel, while Aaron Eckhart talks about Heath Ledger. Aaron Eckhart has no idea who she is.

There are interesting people to interview, in the form of Creed, Meredith and Stanley from the Office, but E! has put them in a tiny box to show that MILEY CYRUS IS HERE. I hope Miley Cyrus gets a cold. Now the Jonas Brothers are there. What are they doing there? I wish a cold upon all of them.

Evan Rachel Wood is talking about “The Wrestler,” and all I am thinking about is how she used to date Marilyn Manson. But then she says that Bruce Springsteen will be there tonight! She seems kind of excited about it! That makes me like her.

Time for more orange juice. So ends pre-show hour 1.

No comments: