Friday, March 16, 2007

Urgent care!

Clair took me to Urgent Care. The wait was not that long and was a bit frustrating just because we were trying to find the crossword in the New York Times and could not find it no matter where we looked.

Then I went back. The nurse took care of some basic info and whatnot. He said the doctor would be there in 15 minutes. An hour later, he came in and said the doctor had seen my chart and it was time for some X-rays. We took a trip to radiology. Now, this Urgent Care visit occurred on Sunday around 7 pm, so the hospital was not very bustling. So it was fairly eerie to be wheeled through empty corridors into semi-darkened rooms.

The guy who did the x-rays was pretty creepy looking and also a mumbler so I could not understand much of what he was directing me to do with my body. But eventually we got the x-rays, and I went back to my well-lit room.

A nice physician’s assistant told me that I did not have a fracture and likely strained some ligaments. They were going to wait to anything with the ligament stuff because the knee was swollen and I was in pain. So I got a knee immobilizer, crutches, and they told me to take lots of advil. Then Clair got me home and settled. Thus concludes the account of urgent care. Big ups to Clair for taking me to urgent care.

No comments: