Sunday, March 25, 2007

Book #10: A Tale of Two Cities

The book: A Tale of Two Cities, by Charles Dickens

What is this book about: An exploration of identity set against the backdrop of the French Revolution

Why did I read this book: It is a volume in my series, Books I Should Have Read By Now.

What did I think of this book: This book was okay. I never felt like I got close to the characters, and I didn't really care what happened to them, so parts of reading this were kind of a chore. But there was some nice language and some plot twists.

What was my favorite part of this book: When the guillotine is described as the best cure for a headache. Also, the first lines, and the last lines, because I like to be a part of famous things.

What did I learn from this book: That sometimes people who are presumed to be dead can be brought back to life, particularly if they were never really dead in the first place. Or, they can be brought back to life metaphorically, through redemptive acts.

What grade do I give this book: C

No comments: