Saturday, March 17, 2007

Maybe all I need is a shot in the arm

The first few hours of Miracle Recovery Weekend have not been going great, mainly because the pain has shot up my entire leg. I am trying to be okay with it, because I think it is due to my stretching out my leg a little bit last night. But man oh man.

If I could send a message from post-injury Molly, to pre-injury Molly, excepting of course any message like, hey don't go on that ski run, it would be, "hey, pick up all your fucking shoes before you leave, because if you get injured, you're going to trip over all of them constantly, and you're going to be unable to bend over to pick them up."

In the many hours of television watching that have already occured, I saw a commercial for Advil, where a woman who was a boxer or an athlete or something where she habitually had many aches and pains, goes, Advil takes care of all my aches and pains. It works where I need it most. Then there was a graphic of the Advil swooping through her body to help with her arm or her neck or whatever. But let me tell you, as someone who sadly was prescribed no painkiller other than ibuprofen, that the Advil is having a hard time making it to my right leg.

No comments: