Friday, March 16, 2007

Miraculous Weekend of Healing

Around Wednesday, I came up with the Miracle Weekend of Healing (little c, circled, copyrighted and trademarked). It seemed like I was coming home for about 15 minutes before I fell asleep. I’d wake up exhausted no matter how much sleep I got. I realized I needed mass amounts of time to lie down, sleep, etc. This time, I quickly identified, could be accomplished during a weekend.

How it works: All I will do for the next two days is watch tv, read, listen to music, and only do things that can be accomplished in a horizontal position. I will eat pizza for the whole weekend, and by Monday morning (when I have a follow-up doctor’s appointment) I will be completely cured.

So the miracle weekend has started. It is Friday night, and I am not ashamed to say that I will not be doing anything that involves leaving my apartment until Monday morning. The pizza has already been ordered, and two slices consumed (the pizza was key to the weekend, because ordering a pizza represents convenience and comfort, and pizza is the only food that I like heating up over and over again) When I finish blogging I will ice the knee for a bit. I am watching all the television I taped over the week (Daily Shows, Colbert Reports, Lettermans) which will make me laugh. Still, I will probably be asleep in about 45 minutes.

Anyways, I hope to blog quite a bit in this weekend of solitude and healing. Hopefully I will finish 5 books and have like 6 witty observations or something. Whatever can be accomplished without leaving the apartment.

No comments: