Monday, October 8, 2007

Day 5: I walk a lot; I eat a lot

I started off the morning eating a cinnamon roll and watching Zack and Kelly get married in Las Vegas (thank you TBS). I took a bus tour of the city that picked me up at my hotel. It was me and mostly old people, which was interesting. One character included this guy who I think was foreign, who was sitting in front of me. Every time he stood up, you could see his ass crack. He was so pleasant to sit right behind.

I learned lots of interesting facts about San Francisco, which I am too lazy to type out now, and tours like that are always helpful just in terms of getting one’s bearings. We went all over and made stops at the Palace of Fine Arts, the Golden Gate, and Twin Peaks. After the tour, I had lunch in Chinatown and wandered around there for awhile. Went to the fortune cookie bakery. Then I wandered around the North Beach area and ate a cannoli. Between eating these things, I felt like I ate way too much the whole day. My legs were sore from all the walking, but my stomach was full to the point of bursting. Not pleasant, plus you feel like you haven’t even gotten the benefits of all that walking.

What else? I went to the Church of St. Francis in North Beach, and got JP2 and Mother Teresa medallions (Catholics have much better knickknacks than most other religions). The Blue Angels were flying overhead all day long, practicing for Fleet Week; I felt like I was in Seattle. I went to Union Square and went to a few shops, and then walked down to the Ferry Building and the Embarcadero. Ended up in Fisherman’s Wharf again. Had an artist do a caricature of me, but don’t tell my parents; it’s a gift for them. Then back to the hotel to eat sushi and conk out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, a day trip in San Fran. You deserved a break after all your days of consistent mileage. How's the sushi in 'Frisco compare to the wonders of Seattle's Sushi Land?

Shh, don't tell your parents about your wacky gift for them? You mean your parents don't know you wiggle it just a little bit?