Thursday, September 13, 2007

Tired Thoughts

--When you Google "What should I blog about?" absolutely nothing useful comes up.

--Today I went to my dentist out here for the last time. She was really sad to see my cash cow of cavity prone teeth go away. She got a vibrating chair though which was really nice.

--Per yesterday's post, Joseph at the Queen Anne post office is totally on to my little game of shipping all my books home. He tried to get me to upgrade to parcel post and asked me weird questions about my mailing. Or, something might be wrong with him mentally. I haven't decided yet.

--I am in the middle of watching "The Last Waltz," which is the Martin Scorsese film of the last concert given by The Band. There is a scene where Martin Scorsese is interviewing Robbie Robertson, and Robbie says, "We wanted it to be a celebration." Marty says, "Celebration of a beginning or an end?" And Robbie says, "Beginning of the beginning of the end of the beginning." And when he says that, it just kinda sounds like he's high, but it's been running through my head all day as sort of an apt metaphor or simile or whatever for what moving at this stage of my life represents. I wish I could say I was having a mega-concert to celebrate moving and that Neil Young and Eric Clapton would stop by, but I'll probably just leave town quietly.

--Today is Jayden James Federline's first birthday. I bet he is so drunk right now.

No comments: