Saturday, September 8, 2007

home sweet home

The rest of my cleaning spree went okay, I guess. One problem I've already identified is that I stuck a lot of random stuff in random places, just to hide it, and now I have to find it all again. Today my landlord had an open house, but I don't know how it went. I can't imagine anyone not snapping this place up...when I got it, I was the first one to see it and I think I just lucked out. On the one hand, she's raising the price quite a bit, and I wouldn't pay that much for it (but I know about the upstairs neighbor who has a habit of walking around the hardwood floors at 4 am), but on the other hand, they did just build a really nice grocery store a few minutes away.

Anyways, here's a tour of my apartment, as I'll always remember and treasure it. I can post these now, because I'm only living here a little bit longer, so I think my chances of being robbed are probably going down. Although, depending on how many people came to the open house today, a lot of people were probably able to case the joint.

This is my kitchen nook. I love the table, which my dad found at an antique store...it's tiled on the top. My Uncle Ken did the paintings on the wall in the 1970's...they're of Germany. They were in my grandmother's condo for a long time, but they made it out to Seattle.



Here's the living room. That is Barnabas Pete Bear on the couch, who keeps an eye on the place while I am at work. Ruth Orkin's "American Girl in Italy" is on the wall there. That is one of the most comfortable couches ever and I spend an awful lot of time on it.

The other side of the living room. Above the tv is one of my favorite things in the world...a painting of St. Basil's in Moscow, which my uncle painted for me while I was in Russia. He gave it to me when I graduated. That blue chair is where most of the blogging magic happens.

The kitchen and living area are separated by this bar thingy. That's the bathroom door in the corner, and the bedroom is behind the couch.

Here's the bedroom...as you can see, pictures of Italy around the bed. One crutch is there, from when I tried to bang on the ceiling to get the girl who lives on the floor above me to stop doing her elephant impression at 3 a.m.

Here's where I get ready and whatnot:

Since I couldn't really be around during the open house, I drove about 30 minutes east of Seattle today to look at Snoqualmie Falls. It was alright. I didn't walk to the bottom because if there is anything TLC has taught me, it is, don't go chasing waterfalls. So instead, I had some strawberry ice cream and looked at some train things that were set up in downtown Snoqualmie.

No comments: