Friday, September 7, 2007

Frankly, Mr. Shankly

Apparently my landlord reads my blog because I got a little more direction on the cleanliness situation. It involves my bathroom. So I have spent the past few hours with my shower, toilet, and a can of bleach. I have seen things no person should have to see. I am about to pass out from bleach, but I figured I should write one last blog entry before I die. Then, when my landlord comes over to hold the open house tomorrow, she will feel awful. "Oh, she was doing such a good job cleaning!" she will exclaim. Actually, I doubt she will. My dead body will probably really hurt the chances of finding the next renter. If the apartment doesn't rent tomorrow, I am convinced it will because of the state of my shower. I don't know. I would try to say something funnier, but the bleach has gone to my head.

The weirdest thing I saw today was this very prim old lady on the bus who put on an Ipod and must have had it cranked up as far as it could go. The whole bus could hear it. And you know what she was listening to? Destiny's Child.

Today at work they announced that I am quitting/moving. I felt kind of emotional about it earlier but the bleach has killed my feelings. Unfortunately it has not killed all the mold.

I can't shower or go to the bathroom until this apartment is rented. I simply can't go through what I've just been through again. Maybe I should sleep outside tonight.

No comments: