Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Marathon Man

I just got back from the dentist. I fear my dentist, because she seems to involve a lot more technology and instruments and drilling and condescension than I am used to. But today, I went in to the dentist, who is very very pregnant, for two fillings. The dentist said she was going to do them one at a time (rather than numb the whole mouth at once) because she had been having contractions, so she didn't want to get me all numbed up for nothing. So in addition to having fears about my mouth being permanently stretched or never recovering from the numbness, I also had to worry about my dentist giving birth. Every time she leaned over, her gigantic belly rubbed against my head. It was really weird. I would advise people not to have pregnant dentists. I hope she does not find this entry through Google.

No comments: