Wednesday, June 27, 2007

John Krasinski, I am not quite sure what to make of you

Dear John Krasinski,
If you have been reading my blog, and I know you have, I have previously mentioned my belief that if I had gone to Brown instead of Emory, and majored in Creative Writing, then we would have met there and we'd be married by now. There would be People Magazine stories about how no matter how much "Jim" is tortured over "Pam," that "John" is not tortured in real-life because of "Molly."

Anyways, John Krasinski, right now I am watching you on David Letterman and you are being awfully witty and precious, but it has not escaped me that you are promoting a Robin Williams movie. Why are you in a Robin Williams movie? It's not even a Robin Williams movie like Good Morning Vietnam or The Birdcage or even Being Human. It's a Robin Williams movie that looks to be in the vein of RV, Man of the Year, Jack...Bicentennial Man.

John, I know you are new to movies, and this is a fairly high-profile move for you. It is important not to be typecast as the guy from The Office forever. But I, your alternate universe wife, would advise you to stick with your darling little cameos in movies like The Holiday, For Your Consideration, and Kinsey over films like this. We don't need the money, because I am a famous novelist in this alternate life I imagine. You can keep doing things like adapting David Foster Wallace for the big screen.

At the very least, please don't make movies with Robin Williams so I don't have moral dilemmas about whether to support you at the multiplex. I am very very VERY encouraged by this move of yours to start making films with George Clooney (Leatherheads--coming December 2007). Let's keep on making films such as this, with this kind of co-star. Might I suggest a buddy cop picture with John Cusack?

I hope if I ever meet John Krasinski that no one tells him I have a blog where he is mentioned.

No comments: