Tuesday, June 5, 2007

Book #14: The Little Prince

The book: The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupery

What is this book about: A small monarch wanders around, says profound things, asks questions repeatedly, learns about life and love and whatnot.

Why did I read this book: It's been a long long time since I've had time to do any book reading, so I wanted something I could just sit down and read and be done with it. Plus I think I'm the only person in the world who hasn't read this book.

What did I think of this book: It might have been a bit more meaningful if I'd read the book when I was like 14 or 15, like everyone else.

What was my favorite part of this book: This poetic quote about the restless nature of people: "The wind blows them away. They have no roots, and that makes their life very difficult." (Please don't sue me, estate of Antoine de Saint-Exupery. Or, s'il vous plaît ne pas me poursuivre en justice, la propriété de Antoine du Saint-Exupery.)

What did I learn from this book: Man, grown-ups can be assholes! People with child-like hearts are awesome!

What grade do I give this book: People who are children at heart don't give grades to books. They just see their true essences with their hearts or something. Let's just say, a passing grade

No comments: