Tuesday, April 10, 2007

The woman in white

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night, thanks to my bladder. It was not a very dark night, and as I woke up a bit, I was convinced I saw a figure in a white coat standing outside. Not directly outside my window, but over a bit--kind of outside my neighbor's window. I didn't want to scare myself too much, so I avoided looking out there, even though actually looking might have revealed it just to be a shadow or a concrete wall, the likeliest culprits.

Anyways, I got under my covers (so I couldn't be found by any lurking figures) and came up some theories as to who the figure in white was. I share them here, so in case anything happens to me anytime soon, people will have some suspects and this blog to enter as evidence.

--Angel (good kind)
Maybe something fortuitous was happening to someone in the neighborhood, engineered by the angel.

--Angel of Death
Maybe an angel of death can technically be a good angel, but I don't want an angel of death passing by my window every night.

--My neighbor has a stalker
And what if the stalker also becomes fixated with me? Especially if she keeps peeking in my window at night, and sees me so sweetly sleeping?

--Unicorn
Maybe it wasn't a woman in white, but a white animal.

--Ghost
This is kind of complicated, but across from my neighbor's window there is a little nook-like thing, that holds up the fence that is at street level. Since the day I moved in, there has been a little yellow kayak in the nook, and if it ever has been taken out for use, I missed it. The nose of that little boat is the first thing I see every morning. So what if someone died at sea in that boat? What if that person is now a ghost and visits the boat at night to mourn lost youth? Isn't that just so sad and scary you could throw up?

No comments: