Thursday, February 1, 2007

January soundtrack

One of the original ideas I had for my blog was to talk about songs that I got stuck in my head, but I haven't done that too much. So here is a recap of the songs I thought about a lot in January.

Nick Cave - Breathless

David Bowie - Modern love

Pete Seeger - I Had A Rooster
(this is a very scary song. if you are not scared when the lion verse comes around, then i don't even want to know you)

The Decemberists - O, Valencia!
(at first I kind of resisted this song because it was the one on the radio, but I came around)

Mika - Grace Kelly
(really only the video version, because I like the creepy girl so much)

The Klezmatics - Mermaid Avenue

Sandi Thom - I Wish I Was a Punk Rocker with Flowers in My Hair
(the first time I heard this song was on my shower radio and I had to stop and DANCE!)

These are some of the December songs, as best as I remember that time. It was so long ago:
Erin McKeown - An Innocent Fiction
Bruce Springsteen - How Can a Poor Man Stand Such Times and Live
Jeffrey Foucault - Ghost Repeater
Regina Spektor - Better

No comments: