Monday, February 19, 2007

Almost 2000 miles with the “Check Engine” light on

So I’m back from Salt Lake City! Here are some details from my trip. Expect more later!

Days on the road: 4

Hours spent driving: Approximately 28

Illnesses/injuries sustained: 4 [1. Bruise/scrape on shoulder (from hitting myself with the car door 2. Cut on my finger (don’t know how it happened) 3. Windburn 4. Mild food poisoning]

CDs listened to: 33

Best meal: In an IHOP outside Salt Lake City (avocado, bacon, and cheese omelet, and pancakes)

Worst meal: The fast food that gave me the mild food poisoning

Number of chocolate chip cookies consumed: Three, one made by Mormons, two made by a Holiday Inn in Meridian, Idaho

Nights spent in Twin Falls, Idaho: 2

Number of time zones passed through: 2 [Western and Mountain (By the way, how dumb is Mountain Time? I didn’t even understand it. It went one hour up, but television went two hours up? What the dealio?]

Best continental breakfast: Holiday Inn (until they burned me on the last day by not providing their signature cinnamon rolls)

Stops for gas: 5

Cheapest gas: $1.99 in Salt Lake City!

Number of informational cards the Mormons have with my address on them: 2

Number of lies I had to tell to get a copy of the Book of Mormon without an in-home missionary visit: 2 (1. I’m rarely home because I travel a lot for my job. 2. I don’t have a phone)

Things learned about myself: Countless

2 comments:

Molly said...

Windburn is like sunburn, except called by wind.

Molly said...

Or caused by wind, whatevs.