Tuesday, February 6, 2007

supply and demand

Today for lunch I had macaroni and cheese. It was a bit confusing there for awhile because I was at a place called Sound Soups, and the description of the item made it appear like macaroni and cheese soup. With a cheesy broth or cream base, and noodles floating in it. But it was real macaroni and cheese. Frankly it was going to be a win for me whichever way it went.

Today was Day 4 of my being talked out of eating the lunch that I brought from home, by my coworkers. Last Wednesday I took in a Lean Cuisine (Fiesta Chicken), but on that day I got talked out of eating it by an offer of sushi (spicy tuna). Thursday I was talked out of eating it by an offer of a sandwich (tuna salad); Friday also offered a sandwich (turkey club). Today was the macaroni. Will I eat the Lean Cuisine tomorrow? Stay tuned.

It's time to write about some charming spam I have received at my Yahoo account.

1. From: Mollymcgee
Subject: spartan vacuum cleaner
Commentary: I am a sucker for spam with my own name in it. Mollymcgee would be a good nickname for me, if anyone is looking for one.

2. From: Hurt Magnus
Subject: bored ugly
Commentary: Hurt Magnus sounds like the name of a rebel, the kind of rebel that lacks a cause. And when one is without a cause, they might become bored, so bored that they are bored UGLY.

3. From: Rutledge
Subject: Dream Date Coupon
Commentary: While Rutledge has a boring name, he does offer the exciting offer of a dream date coupon. Man oh man. All I have to do is download the attachment that he sends, and then I can have a dream date! It's so tempting!

4. From: divulge
Subject: I Love You Mower
Commentary: Again, boring name. But imagine Divulge on a warm day, after a hard day's work, leaning down, looking at his lawnmower and saying, "I love you, Mower." And then repeating it at night, so that it's the last thing on his lips before he falls asleep. As you can see, we are deep in the midst of pre-Valentine's Day spam.

5. From: Forrest V. Jo
Subject: Awaiting Your Love
Commentary: Keep waiting, Forrest. All you offer me is the same attachment that Rutledge offered me.

No comments: