Wednesday, March 25, 2009

update on my commute

This morning, like all mornings this week, I was pondering how to steal the Chick-fil-a cows that are on a billboard near my apartment. As I wrote on Monday, this is my new obsession, and each time I drive by, I become more and more convinced that those cows could be mine. I even know where I would put them in my apartment (in the bedroom; maybe in the kitchen when I cook beef).

Then, a vehicle changed lanes, entering mine. It was a police van, and painted on the back were these words: "Stay Back - Prisoner Transport." I took this as a sign from God that I need to stop thinking about how to steal the Chick-fil-a cows.

The rest of my commute was very scary! After being ordered from God to stop thinking about cows, I was forced to think about just what kind of criminal(s) might be in the van ahead. It turns out I have an overactive imagination when it comes to awful criminals and I arrived at work very frightened and worked up. I will not think of those cows anymore, because I don't want God to have to send me any more scary signs.

But I just have to say, I wish I ran a prison of bad spellers. Then I could drive a prison transport van and arrest those cows. I'm just saying.

No comments: