Sunday, June 8, 2008

b-b-b-b-b-b-b-best weekend ever wrap-up

Perhaps you’ve been wondering why all the weekend posts have been tagged b-b-b-b-b-b-b-best weekend ever. Perhaps you haven’t. But it was no accident. This was a B-themed weekend. When George and I started talking about things we wanted to do while he was in town, we immediately noticed a theme. Beer. Braves. Breweries. Ballet. Blogging. Beer. Because we share the same anal-retentive genes, George and I decided to make this a B-themed weekend, where as many activities as possible would involve the letter B. So here’s a recap of weekend, b-style.

Friday night, my BROTHER arrived. We walked down the street to get a BEER and a BURGER. We chatted, having some BONDING time. There was also a BASEBALL game on one of the televisions. George started talking about BOSCO, a Seinfeldian reference to George Costanza’s BANKING code. Then we went to another BAR. We had kind of a BRITNEY Spears moment, because our waitress told us, “I’m your slave.” It was B-AWKWARD. At that very moment, we looked up at the BAR’s television, and the Seinfeld episode that was about BOSCO was on. It was BONKERS and BANANAS. After finishing off some more BEERS, it was time for BED.

Saturday started with BREAKFAST, which consisted of BAGELS. George told me a weird dream he had about BABIES. George asked me not to BLOG about that because he doesn’t want it documented forever, because he’d rather try to forget it, but I am BRASHLY including it anyways. Since Hillary finally suspended her campaign, I declared the day BARACK OBAMA Day. Then we did some BUMMING around, driving around Atlanta, going to shops, etc. We saw some signs for a FISH FRY which I found intriguing, but as George reminded me, this was a B-weekend, not an F-weekend.

So instead, we headed off for lunch at a place called BRICK Store, because we knew it had BRATWURST. It also had BEER. I guess George was strangely swayed by the FISH FRY signs because he ordered fish & chips, while I kept faithful to the theme by ordering the roast BEEF. While we were dining, we talked about BIOLOGY, as George told me that the hops plant is very similar in form to the cannabis plant. So we had the conversation that probably many people under the influence have had: could you have a marijuana beer? We thought it should be called BUD BEER, which we liked because of alliteration and because of the B-thing. Then we remembered about BUDWEISER and figured the name was already taken. Then a police officer came into the BAR and we stopped talking about the matter.

Then we came back to my apartment and watched the movie Jackie BROWN for awhile, which led me to ask, whatever happened to BRIDGET Fonda? Then we headed out to Summerfest, as recounted in a previous BLOG post, where it was BLISTERINGLY hot. We went into a BAR to watch BIG BROWN lose the BELMONT Stakes. It was a BUMMER, particularly for the guy in the bar who said he had a $10,000 BET on the horse.

Then more BEER while we watched the BRAVES game on television. Then we went BACK-AND-FORTH between my apartment and the Mexican restaurant, as recounted in a previous BLOG entry. The meal was BODACIOUS despite all the troubles getting there. Then we went to another BAR that is basically in my BACKYARD, which made the walk home very easy. On the way, we called our other BROTHER, William.

When we got home, the heat and the alcohol hit us like BAM! because while I remember sitting down on the couch, the next thing that happened was that I woke up three hours later with the television BLARING and George had gone off to BED. As you might have ascertained from the previous posts, we were quite BLEARY-EYED this morning, and George, dedicated to the B-theme of the weekend, actually BARFED. Luckily we got our BELLIES back on track to have a BANQUET of a lunch. By that I mean we went to Jimmy John’s to have some delicious sandwiches. I had the BOOTLEGGER Club and George had the BULLY Club.

Then we BURNT some CD’s so George could have some BOB DYLAN and BRUCE SPRINGSTEEN for the BORING ride back to his home. Then it was time to say BYE-BYE. The B-B-B-B-B-B-B-BEST weekend ever had come to an end. I can tell you, it was a BEAUTIFUL time and never BORING. I hope my BROTHER comes back soon so we can explore the fun that other letters hold.

No comments: