Sunday, January 27, 2008

fashion choices

Today I was at the mall, and I saw one woman talking to another in the little girls’ clothing. She held up a big puffy shiny gold jacket, with this gigantic furry collar. The woman said, “we’re trying to pick out something that will really make a statement at school.” Then she leaned in a little more to the other woman, and said, “she’s having trouble with some of the other girls.”

I really wanted to go over and tell the woman that a big puffy shiny gold jacket with a gigantic furry collar probably wouldn’t help her daughter solve any interpersonal problems at school, unless it was a problem over who had the biggest ugly jacket. But I didn’t. Cause maybe school is different these days, and I just don’t know.

I’d write more, but I’m approaching hour 5 of putting together my frickin’ tv stand, and I wouldn’t want to lose the momentum that I never had. Usually I’m really good at putting wooden furniture together, but this one needs some sort of structural engineer or something.

No comments: