Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Here's something else I wrote when I was eleven

Here's another writing sample from the sixth grade. As I mentioned in the previous entry, for the writing test, you basically had to write an intro, write three supporting paragraphs, and a closing paragraph. I think each supporting paragraph had to have about 5 sentences. The prompt for this one was, "My favorite restaurant." As before, I did not change a word.

--------------------------------

My Favorite Restaurant, September 30, 1993

The restaurant I like most is Bojangle’s. My reasons for liking it are: its fantastic food, the comfortable atmosphere and appearance, and its good quality.

I love the food! Bojangle’s serves southern or Cajun chicken, biscuits, or any serving you could imagine. You can get juicy nuggets, a thigh, a breast, a leg, or make a combination. The mouthwatering side dishes cover almost anything you could want with your chicken. All of the food has good flavor and is hard to match.

The attractive atmosphere and appearance will make you feel right at home. It is sparkling clean. The walls have a few decorations. They put beautiful colors together to decorate the tables, chairs, and walls. There is faint music in the background.

The good quality is hard to beat! The food is pleasantly hot. The prices are decent. The service people are friendly. You will get what you paid for!

Bojangle’s is my favorite restaurant because of the delicious food, its friendly appearance and atmosphere, and their overall quality. It’s a must for all chicken and biscuit lovers!!

------------------------

Okay, it is the present day again. Like the sixth grade post about my bedroom, this post holds true today. Bojangle's is still my favorite restaurant, and my room is still decorated the same. Is that weird? Shouldn't my tastes have evolved a little bit since I was 11?

If I had to write this essay over, I would probably not write about the atmosphere. That really isn't important. Supporting paragraph #1 would have been all about the chicken. Supporting paragraph #2 would have been all about the biscuits. Supporting paragraph #3 would have been all about the side dishes. Overall, the biscuits get really shortchanged in this middle school essay. Now that I am older, I understand how difficult it is to find a biscuit so perfectly fluffy, so decadantly buttered, and so golden brown.

Good news! I just did a little internet research, and my new apartment is only 15 miles from a Bojangle's! That might seem like too far to go, but in Seattle I was 2,900 miles from a Bojangle's! This is definitely a move in the right direction!

No comments: