Sunday, June 7, 2009

for your screensaver consideration

Though my last post is a lot of babble about how tired I am and how the world is going to end and a lot of photos of the weird statues that live in the Atlanta Botanical Garden, I did see some mighty lovely things this morning. Here are the best of my pretty flower photos:








(To be honest, I took a lot of pictures of bluish flowers that I liked better than the red flowers above. But those didn't come out as well. So this picture got a sort of symbolic nod.)






Impossible to capture the color of these beautiful orchids!



This next picture doesn't have pretty flower per se, but a funny sign. Right now, there's an exhibition of Henry Moore statues, which necessitates a sign that says "Mind the hot bronze!"

I like to think this sign meant, "hey, don't miss that incredibly handsome bronze statue behind you," with hot being a measure of appearance as opposed to temperature. Or I would like it if this sign meant "obey the bronze statues."

No comments: