Friday, May 4, 2007

Today I think I swallowed a bug

Did you know 29 years ago today the first spam email was sent out? Well, actually that day is over if you are on the east coast, but I have another few hours to do a spam email update.

Lately the spam has not been so interesting, but there is a new set of spam that has come out from places like Target, and the subject line will be, "$1000 Target gift card for Molly!" But you know it's not real when you're getting offered $1000 gift cards from Target, Bed Bath & Beyond, Home Depot, Sears...every store. But now they're getting a little weird:

From: Laptop
Subject: Mollymeade, a free laptop!
I picture a big laptop giving away its tiny little laptop babies.

From: Big
Subject: Bigger collection, Mollymeade
This one made me sad, because it's as if "Big" is acknowledging that he is not enough, and that I should upgrade to "Bigger"

From: Things
Subject: Linens-n-things, Mollymeade
I wonder if Linens agreed to this offer, or if Linens doesn't even know that Things made this offer.
EDIT--WEDNESDAY EVENING: Linens is reading my blog! I got a spam email from Linens, telling me "Mollymeade, Linens-n-things!" An exclamation mark and everything!

From: Lime
Subject: Free Lemon Soda for Mollymeade
Very sneaky, Lime!

No comments: